Saturday, March 24, 2012

I had to look it up to see if it was true! Now THAT is the mark of a good author.



As always, all puns are intended on this blog. Today's entry into the Fan Fiction Fan Fiction Blogfest -- deadline tomorrow for this biweekly challenge and check back to see who won AND what the new challenge is -- is Michael Offutt's entry, featuring characters from what by all accounts is his fantastic book, Slipstream. I'm calling his entry "Jocks Can't Act," and you can read it here. It includes an amazing, and apparently true, thing about Luke Skywalker.

Michael's book, Slipstream, will be released by Double Dragon publishing in May, 2012. That picture off to the right is an excerpt in which his main character is interviewed.

You can like the book on Goodreads and if you do, Michael Offutt will personally come to your house and massage your shoulders for 10 minutes.*

*Offer not valid in Guam.


When Slipstream comes out, I am going to camp overnight outside the store where I will buy it. That may not sound like much of a hardship, as I'll probably get it on my Kindle, but to make it more exciting I plan on having my Kindle shipped to Antarctica, first. I just have to get in line in front of those penguins. There's no cover for the book so I have taken the liberty of coming up with a design of my own that I think perfectly encapsulates what I imagine Slipstream will be:




That is a laser gun Peter Dinklage is holding. I believe he's getting ready to fight a Rancor.

Now, go to Goodreads, and like Michael's book, and check back tomorrow for the winner of the FIRST biweekly challenge. (Plus, there'll be a new one. You're not off the hook yet, people.)

Click here to go directly to Slipstream's page on Goodreads
.

Click here if you'd like to still enter the Blogfest
and want to know how. You've got 24 hours! Just let me know in the comments that you did.

And the other authors who have already done

Elin Gregory.

"Sam" Leon (and Andrew Leon)

Lara Schiffbauer.

Susan Roebuck.

The Golden Eagle.

P.T. Dilloway (a/k/a "Grumpy Bulldog")

Rusty Webb, author of "A Dead God's Wrath."

Did I mention that by entering a blogfest, your book will become a prize in this Blogathon at some point? Because it will. I don't care what the people in Guam think about that.

2 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

Yep, it's a true think about Mark Hamill. I was pretty upset about it when I was a kid and there was debate about whether Hamill would be able to be in Empire at all.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Thank you, Briane. You honor me. You are one of my favorite peeps.