Monday, March 19, 2012

The 100-day, 100-Question Great Star Wars Blogathon, Question 26


The answer to yesterday's question was C -- the 'speeders were not ready for the cold, but as Andrew Leon pointed out, it was more complicated than that. I don't make up the questions; I only alter them just enough from the source material to avoid a suit over copyright infringement, which this entire Blogathon is rife with anyway, and I'm pretty much judgment proof by virtue of the massive amounts of student loans I'm paying off.*

*It would really help if I could sell 31,000,000 copies of my books in the next day or so. Do you have any idea what the interest on student loans is?
Today's question, worth 26 points:

What is unusual about the Kaminoans' vision?

A. They only see in the ultraviolet spectrum?
B. They only see in the infrared spectrum.
C. They have no eyes and use their fingertips to see.
D. If you really think about C, that's a pretty weird thing, isn't it? It might be true, though.
E. Not that I'm trying to give hints.
F. It's not C.
G. They are blind.
H. They see everything twice.


FYI:
Commenter number 4 gets 10 extra points, provided he/she is not commenter 3.

8 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

Actually, none of the answers are correct. They -also- see in the ultra-violet. Not only.

"The almond-shaped eyes of Kaminoans were also able to see color in the ultraviolet spectrum. Therefore, what appeared as white dwellings were actually colored with shades that Humans and a number of other species could not see."

Andrew Leon said...

And I really like answer C even if it's not correct. There should be a Star Wars race that that is true for.

Andrew Leon said...

My writing entry is up:
http://strangepegs.blogspot.com/2012/03/into-trench.html

As I said, I didn't follow any of the rules.

Also, I'm giving someone a chance to be the bonus caller. I bet Grumpy has just been waiting to comment until someone said something since my last comment so he could grab those 10 points. This is kind of like playing Scrabble and dancing around the triple word score.

PT Dilloway said...

Yes, exactly. Try to minimize the damage.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Darn - missed being commenter #4... I have to admit, I don't know where the Kaminoans fit into the whole thing. Is it the Clone Wars? I bow to all your Star Wars knowledge.

Andrew Leon said...

Yeah, they first show up in Attack of the Clones. They're the guys that do all the cloning. Their whole race is genitically egineered and highly dependent upon cloning.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Aha! Thanks, Andrew! I'm looking forward to reading your book!

Well, for better or worse, I put up my entry into the writing challenge at:

http://motivationforcreation.blogspot.com/2012/03/great-star-wars-blogathon.html

I get points, no matter what the entry is like, right? :P

Andrew Leon said...

Make sure you let me know what you think! :)