Saturday, March 17, 2012

The 100-day, 100-Question Great Star Wars Blogathon, Question 25

Don't forget the Star Wars Blogathon Blogfest Biweekly Writing Challenge! Details here. New to this? Don't fret: Just answer the question and start getting points, check back often, and read these official rules if you have questions. I know, nobody ever reads the official rules. Just like nobody reads the fine print on the box of Trix you bought at the grocery store. Riboflavin? Mmmm.


A quarter of the way through! And only one controversy so far. I really feel like that's a bit low for a contest. People do more catfighting in Jeopardy! than they do here. Nobody's even invoked Hitler yet, and that is de rigeur for the Internet.

Grumpy got yesterday's question, and with his blogfest entry, he's pulled to within 200 of Andrew, who I'm sure has many tricks up his sleeve. ("This is not the Blogathon you're looking for, Grumpy...")

Today's question will challenge not just your knowledge of Star Wars, but your creativity. Watch this:



You watched it, right? Geez, it's thirty seconds. I try not to ask people to watch something more than a minute long because a minute of someone else's video on the Internet is like 15 years of my life. Longer if Will Ferrell's in it. Is anybody but me getting sort of sick of Will Ferrell?

Okay, then. Here is the question:

In The Phantom Menace, who played Sabe, handmaiden to the Queen?

That's worth 9 points. Commenter number 4 gets the 10 extra points (if they're not commenter 3, too). And, for 25 extra points, come up with a Star Wars-based cereal in your comments -- not just the kind of cereal, but what's in it.

Note: Nobody can do Han SolO's. Too easy.

I'll start it off with my own: Death Stars: Star-shaped crispy, sweetened cereals with moon-shaped and Millennium Falcon-shaped marshmallows mixed in, so that as you eat your breakfast, you can constantly say "That's not a moon..."

7 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

Holy shit, Keira Knightley? Really?

PT Dilloway said...

Yes that was my final answer.

My dad used to keep all these coupons in a lunchbox and one time in the early 90s we sorted through them and found yellowed coupons for C3P0 cereal. I wonder if they're still good?

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I think I remember that commercial! Is it really Keira Knightley? I thought it was Natalie Portman in a dual role. But Keira Knightley does look a lot like Natalie Portman. Now, I can't come up with a cereal...

PT Dilloway said...

That's what IMDB says. It's probably why they cast her. Always weird when you see some future big star in a tiny role.

stephen Hayes said...

I find all of this Star Wars stuff very interesting and I want you to know I'm enjoying it, even though I haven't been able to answer a single question.

Andrew Leon said...

I'm pretty sure there were some other real Star Wars cereals, but I can't remember what they were. I tried looking them up, but all I could find were mock-ups of fake cereals. My favorite? Troop Loops. I'm not sure I can think of anything better than that.

But...
Tatooine Sandies -- Sort of like Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Hoth Flakes -- Like frosted flakes. Snow. get it?

bah... I'm blank other than those.

Cindy said...

I didn't know there was a C3PO cereal. I guess it didn't last very long. When my daughter was about 3 there was a picture of Chewie on a box of Corn pops and she kept saying she wanted "Chewie food." and it kinda caught on with me. I called it that for awhile.