Monday, November 19, 2012

Welcome to pop...

More changes!  More new stuff!

This site has been "The Best Of Everything" for so long now it feels like it should be bound in red fake leather and sitting on your mom's bookshelf, over in the family room, just off by the spot where you once spilt hot candle wax because your mom told you to not play Seance but you couldn't help it, you really wanted to impress Lara, and she was into that kind of thing.  She had those Tarot cards and, well, it's all kind of embarrassing now but anyway...

...where was I?  Oh, yeah: The death of The Best Of Everything.  The site started out trying to chronicle things that were the best, and I've done that to death and lately I'm not as interested in that, but I still like to talk about things, you know? So now there's this:

pop

The lower-case letters make it cool.

pop

joins


as my new websites, and will be what I'm working on for now.  On lit, you'll get short stories, mostly by me but also from others.  On pop you'll get what I think about culture -- high and low, science, art, music, movies, and the like.  And there'll still be Thinking The Lions, where you'll get stories about me and my family, and my two works-in-progress/serialized longform stories,Homer's Oddity, and Lesbian Zombies Are Taking Over The World!



 

6 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I don't know, I fear change.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I don't like the change. Please bring back "TBOE." Why are you changing? Are you bowing to the pressure of your many advertisers?

Andrew Leon said...

I have ambivalence.
I like the title "The Best of Everything," but I also see the validity in your re-branding.

Liz A. said...

I've been in the same sort of mood, although I'm just contemplating closing my Twitter account.

Briane said...

I only just checked in on these comments. Michael, PT, Andrew: change is good. And I found the TBOE format kind of constricting; I'd been moving away from it for a while.

Liz: I ALMOST stopped blogging entirely, but instead decided to make it more fun again. I go back and forth on Twitter. On the one hand, PLEH. On the other, if I didn't have Twitter I'd end up just talking to myself.

Again.

And that wasn't good.

*shudders*

Lara Schiffbauer said...

The new design is very hip!

I'm hitting my two year anniversary with blogging and, as you can see from my follower numbers, I haven't been wildly popular. I've been thinking about how to keep this blogging, social media stuff going on and on. It's not the writing the stories that's hard to continue, it's keeping the social media going while not having any major success that's daunting.

Do what ya' gotta do to keep the magic alive, I think. :)