Thursday, November 08, 2012

320 Words About "Phineas & Ferb" (Random Word Reviews)

In Random Word Reviews, I have random.org pick a number between 1-1000 and write a review using exactly that many words.  Here are other things I have said a random number of words about.


Four years ago we took a vacation to Orlando, and one of the things you should know about me is that I have a passion for discount t-shirts.

That doesn’t seem to tie in to Phineas & Ferb, and, true, the two halves of that sentence don’t seem to relate to each other, but bear with me.

On that trip, we happened across a sale rack of t-shirts at a store and I was glancing through them to find a shirt for Mr F or Mr Bunches, and I happened across one that had this guy:



 on it. I didn’t know who this guy:



Was.

The shirt also said “Agent P.” I didn’t know what that meant, either. But the shirt was two bucks, so I bought it and for a while, Mr Bunches was “Agent P” even though I had no idea what that might mean; I’d put the shirt on him and then call him “Agent P” and not think anything of it.

I remember how I happened across Agent P but not how I first found out that Agent P is “Perry the Platypus,” the pet/secret agent of two little boys, Phineas & Ferb, who spend every day of their summer vacation creating wild inventions and getting into weird mischief.

The show in a nutshell: Two kids spend each summer day revamping kids’ rides to make them more exciting, or finding a lake monster, or building an actual pioneer town, or something, while their pet platypus sneaks off to his second job as a secret agent fighting the Evil Doctor Doofenshmirtz, who runs Doofenshmirtz Evil, Incorporated, the only evil organization I can think of that has a jingle.


The show has puns, great songs, catch phrases, and a secret agent who is also a platypus. This is one of my top ten favorite shows of all time. It’s totally wasted on the kids. Adults will love it.



5 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

There aren't enough secret agent platypusses.

Briane said...

Truer words were never spoken.

Andrew Leon said...

Do the words from the songs count in your word count?

I've heard this is a good adult cartoon, but I haven't seen it. That's what comes of not having TV.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

The whole family watches Phineas and Ferb in our house! I love "There's a Platypus Controlling Me" - excellent choice!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You are such a strange man.