Wednesday, April 08, 2009

You'll note that I never answer the question in here: You'll have to go look it up yourself if you want to know.

The other night, I had to help Middle with her astronomy, a subject I love, but also a subject I took 14 years ago. So I'm a little rusty on it; the only thing I remember offhand about astronomy these days is "My Very Exciting Magic Carpet Just Sailed Over Nine Palace Elephants," -- and I can sing that song by memory-- but I can't even tell you what the "E" in Elephants is supposed to stand for.

Middle's question that night was How do we measure stars using atmospheric motions. And that is not the kind of info that I just retain -- not when I've got all these song lyrics to keep in my head.

But with most search engines, if you try to find the answers to that question, you'll either get links to celebrities ('cause, stars) or you'll get links to academic papers full of gobbledygook.

With AAfter.com, though, the results are much better. AAfter.com Answers Homework and does it quickly and easily. I typed in the question "How do you measure stars using atmospheric motions" and got links to about 10 different sites, right on page one, with the answers I needed: links to videos and pages that had the information readily available and understandable even to me.

AAfter.com can help find SAT test preps and can even help kids identify which parts of the sentence are which -- type in a sentence and use some of the codes they have, and it'll identify the pronouns and verbs and things. So if you can't remember the lyrics to "Lolly Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here," you're still on solid ground.

AAfter.com also gives cash back when you purchase through them, allows background checks, reverse phone lookups, and even helps out with Twitter -- so you, like me, should bookmark it now.

No comments: