Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Closer Look At ... The Best Magazine (Make That Copycat)


It's one thing to be a fan of mine, as Zooey Deschanel and Mike Ditka are. It's quite another thing to come here, read what I'm doing, and then post lame versions of it on your own website.

That's what The Onion did a while back, prompting me to revoke the paper's original nomination and instead make it "The Best Copycat."

That did not teach The Onion a lesson, apparently.

I wrote about how Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" is a lame attempt to cash in on lesbinism years after Jill Sobule wrote The Best Song About Girls Kissing Other Girls. I did that on June 20.

Then, on August 1, over on The Onion's website, "The Hater" posted a blog entry about how Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" is a lame attempt to cash in on lesbinism years after Jill Sobule wrote her song.

You know what people should hate? Copycats.

So if you want to know what The Onion will write up next, go back and read what I wrote two months ago.

No comments: