Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Best Decade For Style: New Nominee


At least, I think it's a nomination. Here's what my favorite reader, "Anonymous," posted as a comment to "The Best Decade For Style," which I said was clearly the Fifties. Because Anonymous -- who I, as a close friend, get to call "A," picked a decade(s), I'm reposting as its own nomination.

That, and I'm lazy. So here we go:

NO,no,no, -First of all you are only picturing (which most of your pics aren't even coming up) one to a few pictures of each decade which is zero in the sea of styles that existed in each decade. How can you make an assumption on one measley 40's picture. "that's just dumb" Yes the 80's were too the most ridiculous besides the slobbery of today, easily. Hands down the best times for fashion were the 1920's - 1940's. =CLASS= ART DECO, ART Nouveau, nothing beats that. You have no class or taste if you don't see that. The 50's can't hold a candle to those times. Yes, the 50's had it's "cute" points, but it also had it's major goofy points, big Elvis hair, oh yeah that's cool! give me a break. The classey slicked back controlled look of the 20's - the 40's Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, (hello?!) beats the tacky Pomp of the 50's anyday and of course all the women's styles of the 20's-40's beat the women's hairstyles of the 50's. Late 50's bouffants, oh yeah! Just lovely lol. Also the music started cheapening, from the decades before. or Hot jazz and big band. There is NO contest. Dont' even talk about todays styles if you can even call it that. It's just a bunch of chinese sweat shop made disposable garbage. Wear a shirt today and have to throw it away tomorrow. Besides being ugly in the first place it's all stretched out and faded after the first wash. The fashion designers are just lame these days. What's with this gross witch Stevie Nicks white trash look, and ugly pointy witch shoes, the age of velcro sandals,long slobby shorts and t-shirts for crying out loud! Excuse me while I go vomit.

In case you missed it, here's the nomination:

Hands down the best times for fashion were the 1920's - 1940's. =CLASS= ART DECO, ART Nouveau, nothing beats that.

By the way, "A," you can pick on me all you want -- call me dumb, tell me I'm classless, make fun of the way I dress like Stevie Nicks-- but when you pick on Elvis, well, them's fightin' words.


Also, is it just me, or does Errol Flynn
kind of look like Christian Bale? Should it be the other way around? Should I say "Christian Bale kind of looks like Errol Flynn?" But either way, I'm right, aren't I?

Don't forget, readers, to submit your own nominations! For her troubles, "Anonymous" is in the running to get a t-shirt at the end of the year!
















Want a free t-shirt? Of course you do. Click there to find out how you can get one courtesy of The Best of Everything: Our Opinions Are Righter Than Yours.

Want to find out what a lesbian, her pregnant lover, a valkyrie, Hell, a preacher, and an octopus all have in common? Lesbian Zombies Are Taking Over The World is a serialized novel. To keep up with the most interesting story you’ll ever read, click that link.

No comments: