Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The 30 Best Things About Summer, 14

Garden Centers At Stores.

I already like malls. (As you know.) And I like strip malls. And big box stores. I just like to look at stuff and maybe buy some things I didn't need, although I never really buy anything because most of my money is spent getting the Babies! Happy Meals (and then eating their cheeseburgers.)

But I really like malls when they have garden centers outside -- when I can not only enjoy the experience of walking through a store that sells t-shirts, shoes, big-screen TVs and Siamese fighting fish, but then I can go outside and wander through a piece-meal forested garden. I would like the environment, and nature, much better if they were always located just 20 feet away from a rack of Super Soakers.

Plus, I have the utmost respect for any plant that can survive being cared for by the guy whose job last week was stacking diapers.


Other Best Things About Summer:

8. Helium balloons.

9. Jell-O

10. Shorts.

11. Hammocks.

12. Longer days.

13. Sandals.

No comments: