Monday, December 29, 2008

The SemiDaily TBOE List! The Best Actresses People Don't Think Are Good Looking But Who Really Are.

TV and movies are filled with actresses that everyone thinks are pretty. Then there are those actresses that everyone says things like "Oh, she's so talented," but they're not, for some reason, considered pretty. Except, apparently, by me.

Am I out-of-step with humanity? You bet. But is that MY problem, or humanity's problem? I'm no Yossarian: I'm not going to conform just because everyone else feels one way, even if I'm a damn fool to feel any other way. Instead, I'll just do what Antonin Scalia told me, once: "Don't be afraid to be a lone voice crying out in the wilderness," he said to me. He really did. He probably didn't have this in mind, but I will still apply his advice and be a lone voice crying out in the wilderness, saying "Hey, humanity, these actresses are not only good actresses, but also you should consider them good-looking." So, henceforth, these actresses will be noted for their acting ability AND be considered pretty. Because they are. Without further ado, here are

The Four Best Actresses People Don't Think Are Good Looking But Who Really Are.

4. Katee Sackhoff. Movie/TV Show She Was Really Good In. "Battlestar Galactica." As the only good choice for the 12th Cylon, when the show returns they might give her something to do besides cry for a while. But I'm sure they won't. Just like they won't make her be the 12th Cylon because Hollywood is trying to destroy everything that I love.

Why people think she's not good looking:


Why they're wrong:


3. Katey Sagal: Movie/TV Show She Was Really Good In. "Married, With Children." Because after watching that show, you think My god, she must really be like that. But she's apparently not.

Why people think she's not good looking:



Why they're wrong:



2. Kirsten Dunst. Movie/TV Show She Was Really Good In: "Bring It On." She actually made you care about cheerleading. Well, no, she didn't. But she made you feel a little guilty about not caring about cheerleading.


Why people think she's not good-looking:



Why they're wrong:

1. Maggie Gyllenhaal. Movie She Was Really Good In: I haven't seen it yet, but just seeing the previews for "SherryBaby" made me want to see it and also made me feel sad. From a trailer. Which is why I haven't seen it yet -- because I'm afraid if the trailer is that sad, what's the movie going to do to me?

Also, she was one of only two people in The Dark Knight to actually convey emotion. (The other one was Michael Caine; you can't count Heath Ledger because "crazy" isn't an emotion.)

Why people think she's not good looking:



Why they're wrong:




Click here to see all the other topics I’ve ever discussed!






funny t shirts

No comments: