Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best Christmas Album (Reader Submission!)


I've been posting the various incredibly great Best Christmas songs here, but there is no way that I could possibly put all of The Best [Fill In The Blank] Christmas Songs That Are Not... etc. etc. because I do this for fun and some side money, not as a living, so until everyone is ready to pay me to do this...

... and if you are ready to pay me to do this, then for Pete's sake, get in touch with me and let's quit our day jobs and move our families to Hawaii and have some fun with our lives, sooner rather than later...

... until then, I will have to do The Best I can (get it?) and rely on readers to help fill in the gaps, readers like today's Reader's Submission, which comes from "MP3Hugger." MP3Hugger writes:

If I could be so bold as to plug our new Christmas album consisting of 17 original songs from lots of new indie bands from all over the world including the Cloud Room, Idaho, Jape and the Very Most. http://www.indiecater.com is where you can listen to it all. We think it’s great but then we are biased and obsessed with Christmas.

To which I respond:

Yes, you can be so bold, and

Yes, you can plus your new Christmas album, and

It's great that you are obsessed with Christmas, 'cause, hey, so am I, and

Slip the cash under the door.

Ha! Ha! Just kidding. You can paypal it to me.

Having seen that comment and reposted it here, I've also gone to the trouble of actually cutting and pasting that link, and man was that arduous, and found that MP3Hugger had more to say about the album:
‘An Indiecater Christmas’ is the work of 17 brilliant bands from all over the world. As you’d expect some have been very clever in taking potshots, others have played it straight down the middle and then there are some who’ve clearly never heard what an archetypal Christmas song sounds like! That said we think it’s magic and a great addition to the canon of Christmas releases that you will be able to return to every December. As ever with indiecater releases the majority of the income from the sale of this album goes straight back to source so while you dance around the yuletide log you can also be assured that you’ll also be warming the pockets of these talented acts. Happy Christmas and here’s to a great 2009!

Now, MP3Hugger didn't come right out and say they thought their album was "The Best Christmas Album," but would they have been so bold as to ask whether they could be so bold as to plug their album if they didn't think so? I don't think so. Wait, do I? I don't know. I confused myself. Plus, who put brandy in the eggnog?

Other Christmas Songs:
The Best Christmas Song That Has Not Been Made Into A Movie Yet But Which Should (Even Though It Is Sad) and Also Which Is Not... etc.

The one that is The Product of 10,000 hours of practice.

The one that is from a movie and proves that bad things must happen at Christmas
.

The one that is guilt-inducing but still catchy.

The one that has nothing to do with Christmas, but is still a Christmas song.


The one that is an Indie Rocker Christmas song.

Or Click Here for A List of Everything That's Ever Been Named The Best!


Readers! Think something is The Best? Then submit it in a comment or via email [to thetroublewithroy[at]yahoo.com; put "Best" in the subject line or I'll probably think you're a Nigerian scammer and will be mad when you don't split the $33 billion with me] or maybe carrier pigeon, if people still use those.

People should still use carrier pigeons. That'd be cool.

Thinking The Lions is Life, only funnier. Ever try to find your way around Illinois using a high-school play as a reference? Ever wonder what "squid chili" has to do with romance? Ever think maybe those velociraptors weren't real after all? No? Well, I did, and you can read about it here.

No comments: