Thursday, December 22, 2011

28 Days Of Christmas, 28.. Make That 23... of the Best Christmas Songs, 9, 10 and 11... plus The 10 Best Santas and Some Stuff... (MiniBest!)

I never quite hit the mark on these, do I? Here's the 2012 Christmas posts, 23 of the Best Xmas songs with some thoughts on Santas, Santa-Like People, and other stuff:

23. Go Tell It On The Mountain, Jim Nabors, Bo The White House Dog.

22. Kung Fu Christmas/ John McClain.

19-21: Another Rock & Roll Christmas, You Are My Joy, Santa Stole My Girlfriend, plus The Santa Clause Claus, Cousin Eddie who I kept calling Cousin Randy, and Yukon Cornelius.

17, 18: Nella Fantasia, Angels We Have Heard On High, and Larry Stewart.

16. You'll Never Find My Christmas, Bishop Allen, and Gizmo the Mogwai

15. The Twelve Days of Christmas, by Bob & Doug McKenzie, plus Bad Santa.

14. When the River Meets The Sea, by John Denver, plus "Doc Bullfrog."

13. All I Want For Christmas, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and The Santa who helped Superman fight Toyman.


12. We Need A Little Christmas, Glee version, and The Holiday Armadillo.

11, 10, 9: The Little Drummer Boy, Johnny Cash; What Christmas Means To Me, Stevie Wonder; What's This, by Julia Nunes and Ian Axel, and "The Santa From A Nightmare Before Christmas".

8. Taste The Coast, by Admiral Fallow

7. Dringo Bell, Mediaeval Babes

6. Born Is The King (It's Christmas) by Hillside

5: Tijuana Christmas by The Border Brass

4. Christmas Griping, REM

3. A Christmas Waltz, She & Him

2. Don't Shoot Me, Santa, The Killers


1. Snoopy's Christmas, The Royal Guardsmen

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I clicked the pleh box because you provided no pictures and yet had plenty of opportunity. For example...no picture of Gizmo? No pictures of Bad Santa (I know you have an external hard drive filled with these images as Billy Bob is your hero), No YouTube of the Glee Christmas song?

It's like what Zachary Quinto said in American Horror Story in talking with the Harmons.

"I said I needed gala apples and you got granny smiths."

Mr. Harmon says, "That's all they had."

"Well then you go down to the farmer's market and you ask for Pedro and you pay him to get you gala apples. Where is the effort!!!??"

stephen Hayes said...

I can't remember hearing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" until I read it on your blog and suddenly I was hearing it everywhere this year. I'd forgotten what a stirring song it is. Thanks.