Saturday, November 27, 2010

Reader Comment/Update On "The Best Web Comic."

Geek For Hire and Blogger Corgi wrote this in response to my selection of The Best Web Comic:

I just found your post by random Googling (looking for something else) and as a fellow fan I'm delighted at your reaction to "Girl Genius". The comic was actually published up to issue 13 in "dead tree" format, starting in early 2001. They went to web in 2005 and backfilled the dates of the already-published pages as they loaded them on the website in order to conform with their server format.

It's actually a collaborative work between Phil and his wife Kaja. They spent about a decade plotting and planning before they started drawing and writing the actual issues (and now pages). This partnership was enriched by the series's current colorist, who has been with them roughly as long as the series has been web-publishes, Cheyenne Wright. The three of them have won the very first two Hugo Awards for Best Graphic Novel, 2008 and 2009.

It's still being published three times a week - they've never missed a day, although sometimes they're a little late for good reasons - and is at the very beginning of Volume 11 by now! All sorts of complications since you started reading it. I'd love to know if you've caught completely up by now.


I have to say: I'm still pretty far behind, but I do read it 1-2 times per week during my lunch break.The problem, and I say this without any coimpensation whatsoever, is that it's too addictive and when I start reading it at work, I might blow off a half-hour. So hearing it went to print is great.

Read Corgi's Blog, "Inside Of A Dog, It's Too Dark To Read," here.

Read the original post, The Best Web Comic, here
.

No comments: