Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Best Happy Song


While I'm on a music kick this week, I thought I'd counterbalance The Best Sad Song with some upbeat stuff. So here's a mirror image of that entry: The Best Happy Song, "Love Today," by Mika.
There's no big mystical reason why I like this song, no hidden agenda here, no philosophizing. Just music that makes you want to move.

This song is like aural coffee. I cannot listen to it without tapping my toes. If I wasn't in my office right now, I'd probably be dancing. This morning, I was tired from being up since 4:30 a.m., and I had a frustrating drive in, and then had to rush off to court for a divorce trial, and didn't have enough actual coffee. So I grabbed my iPod and listened to this song. Twice. And by the time I got through that, I was in a good mood again and smiling.

Now, it's late afternoon and I'm dragging and I'm wading through a pile of papers on my desk and people are bugging me, so I put it on again and watched the video, and started smiling again.

Everybody's gonna "Love Today" indeed. Listen to it yourself and see if it doesn't get you moving.





Click here to see all the other topics I’ve ever discussed!

No comments: