Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Best Proof That My Experiments Are Not All That Well Thought Out

Remember when I did a little test to see just how many people were perverts out there?

Sure you do. It was right here. My theory was that if I put the word "sex" in the title of Youtube video, it would generate more views than if the video didn't have the word "sex" in the title.

So I took this video:


And retitled it from "Mahna. Mahna" to "Sexy! Sexy! Sexy!" The video had 54 views when I retitled it.

A week later, I checked, and found... ah ha!... I mean. Um. There were only 7 views that week, or one per day, or less than there had been before, on average.

So I gave up and retitled it back to "Mahna. Mahna." And then today I checked it and ... um... there were 7 more views.

In 3 days.

So viewership doubled when I went back to the title.

So now I don't know what to think. Except that maybe "Mahna Mahna" means "sex" in some language.

No comments: