Monday, November 28, 2011

28 Days Of Christmas, 28 Of The Best Christmas Songs, 1:


If you read my blogs regularly, you probably know that I always make a big deal about Christmas -- and this year I'm making a bigger deal than ever, because an existential crisis last year caused me to conclude that since I already Christmas-ize (it's a word!) my life, I need to SUPERXmas my life during the holidays.

As part of that, I'll be (hopefully?)*fingers crossed* *toes, too* *I can't actually cross my toes but my youngest son Mr Bunches can, which is kind of weird* posting every day between now and Christmas a great Christmas song that you should know about.

And here's the first: Snoopy's Christmas, by The Royal Guardsmen.



The Royal Guardsmen had only one top 40 hit that didn't involve Snoopy, which is the kind of trivia you can use to impress your boss at the Christmas party and get that raise, but only if I'm your boss. I guarantee you, if you come up to me at the Christmas party and give me that kind of information, you are getting a raise. That's the kind of people I want working for me.

5 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I remember we had that album on 8-track. Really though only a few songs on the album actually deal with Snoopy and only the one really with Christmas, so it was kind of a ripoff.

stephen Hayes said...

I also remember this song from back when I was a kid. I always enjoyed it and I'm grateful for the opportunity to enjoy it once more. Thanks.

Andrew Leon said...

I had a friend in high school who could not only cross her toes but pick up a glass with her foot and drink from it. As long as she was sitting down. It was freaky and weirded me out.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, the "Ol" Captain" here, and as of right now I am the fan club president for this band, "The Royal Guardsmen". We appreciate you devoting a little attention towards them, now that we're trying to get the fan base kick started, since they're actively playing and recording again. Obviously, they're known for the big 3 hits they had, (Snoopy vs.Red Baron, Return of the Red Baron, and Snoopys Xmas) but they're also good musicians and really nice guys, too. Like most bands, their best stuff isn't whats played on the radio.
If it's cool with you, we'd love anyone interested to come on over to facebook and "like" The Royal Guardsmen, and from there you can stay current regarding news, tour dates and we even have semi monthly giveaways, our next being their new live cd, "Beaglemania!"
I think I speak for the group when I say a great big thanks for this, have a great day, guys!
Here's the link, www.facebook.com/theroyalguardsmen , hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

But if you find yourself going off on long tangents about personal matters, it's time to get back on track. This also depends on your own personality, your niche and the audience you are targeting. A good rule of thumb is: if you wouldn't say it in an email to a client, it shouldn't go up on your company's blog.

[url=http://cheapjordans2013.66ghz.com/]jordan shoes[/url]

With a little bit more research and time from you, we are sure you'll come up with a profit-building blogging strategy!

[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.my-style.in/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]