Sunday, May 08, 2011

You're just going to have to take my word for it on this one. (Star Wars References.)

If you look closely at this picture:





It still won't really mean anything to you, because you don't know what you're supposed to be looking for or what it shows, other than in a general way, meaning that you know it shows kids on a playground, and that it also has something to do with Star Wars because of the post category that appears at the heading and in the tags.

But you can't figure it out beyond that -- take my word for it on that, too -- so don't bother searching the photo anymore for the clue, because I'm going to have to tell you what the photo means.

The photo is evidence, of a sort, that Star Wars actually has infiltrated our DNA, and here's how it proves that: I was at a playground yesterday with my two youngest, Mr F and Mr Bunches, and they were playing. Mr Bunches is the kid in the gray sweatshirt at the left of the photo. Near Mr Bunches were some other kids, who I'd peg at about 6 or 7 years old, tops.

As I watched Mr Bunches climb up, the other kids -- 6 or 7 years old, tops -- were discussing what they were going to play, and they said this:

"Let's play Star Wars."

"I get to be a Jedi."

"I'm Anakin."

I'd have videotaped the exchange except (1) I already had my camera, not my video recorder, on, and (2) guys shouldn't be videotaping strangers' kids at the playground anyway, and (3) I don't know, yet, how to post videos, so you'll have to rely on my solemn oath as a blogger/father that this really occurred, which is amazing because the last Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, came out in 2005, so these kids couldn't have possibly seen it in the theater and weren't around for Star Wars mania and have all kinds of competing heroes and movies and the like -- but they weren't playing Harry Potter or Iron Man or Hannah Montana or anything, they were playing Star Wars.

And also, Who wants to be Anakin? He's maybe fifth on the list. At best.


Click here for the complete list of
Star Wars References.

1 comment:

PT Dilloway said...

They probably watch "Clone Wars" on Cartoon Network. Anakin's probably better in that.