Saturday, May 21, 2011

In retrospect, I wish we HAD all been Raptured before I heard this news. (POP!Best!)


It was only a matter of time before Seth MacFarlane realized that it would be far easier to just go ahead and use other people's material directly, rather than continue to insist that scratching out the name "Han Solo" in a script*

* Mandatory Star Wars Reference


and writing in "Peter Griffin" constitutes parody.


And that matter of time has now passed, as Seth MacFarlane has been hired to remake The Flintstones:






...in what we can only hope is a "gritty reboot," because as grimly overused as the gritty reboot is these days (even Charlie's Angels is getting a gritty reboot, albeit one which features fancy purple tops alongside what the producer promises will be people actually dying), a gritty reboot of "The Flintstones" would be far preferable to what I'm sure we're going to see, which is simply The Flintstones recycling Family Guy episodes, which themselves have simply been recycled Flintstones plots.

Not that I'm criticizing; if I could get paid $100,000,000 to just keep writing the same damn script over and over, but spice it up with poop jokes, I'd do it.

I'd hate myself, but I'd do it.


Click here for more POP!Best!

1 comment:

PT Dilloway said...

I don't know where he finds time to do all this stuff: Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, guests on Robot Chicken, etc. Dude must have no life outside of work. And it's not like Matt Groening who I suspect just sits around counting his money; he has to do the voices and sit in on writer's meetings, table readings, DVD commentaries, action figure approvals...running an Empire is a lot of work.

I don't know how this will work, but The Flintstones was just a ripoff of The Honeymooners anyway.