Friday, February 18, 2011

Did you know: "Star Wars" is the only movie in which a computer has ever been shut off? (Star Wars References)

Everything revolves around Star Wars. And now "everything" includes even XKCD, which once cleverly turned Star Wars references into a joke that I think is ironic, now.

Here's the original, and now possibly ironic cartoon, titled "Excessive Quotation:"



And here's today's strip from XKCD, also:


So, when wanting to make a clever point about how easy access to the Internet distracts us from our job, XKCD went to what has become the source of all inspiration of humanity, Star Wars.

I'm not complaining, mind you -- at least I get this joke, and I can only say that about maybe 35% of XKCD's strips; most fly over my head. Except the velociraptor ones, which I get but get annoyed by because someone as smart as Randall Munroe should know they never existed.


Click here for more posts like this one.

No comments: