Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome a New TBOE Reader... this time, it's a whole bunch of them.


Remember Sigue Sigue Sputnik? I do... that's how I opened my post, The Best Female Chef, back on May 10, 2008 -- 2 full years ago, and about 20 years, at least, since anyone who wasn't actually in Sigue Sigue Sputnik had mentioned Sigue Sigue Sputnik. (Imagine those poor guys. "Hey, babe, did you know that in the late 1980s I was in a briefly-present kind of techno-punk band? It's true!")(Then, later, "Can I borrow 5 quid for a ride home?")

(Note: I don't know what a quid is.)

That was two years ago (or yesterday, if you're that Sigue Sigue Sputnik member.) That was the last time I thought of Sigue Sigue Sputnik until the other night when I saw that the World Cup is using Sigue Sigue Sputnik in their latest commercial.

Coincidence? Look, nothing is ever a coincidence if it means that I can probably sue the World Cup for copyright infringement and retire to an island where robots will tend to my every need. That's like, a law. You can look it up. (Note to World Cup Lawyers: Don't look it up. Take my word for it.)

No comments: