Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Random Number Of Words About... the Introduction And List Of All Reviews!


370 words about "Oculus," by Michael Offutt

283 words about "The Possession"

71 words about "The Many Lives Of Yelena Moulin"

720 Words About "Fright Night."

222 Words About "The Avengers"

57 Words About The Bacon Sundae From Burger King

58 Words About "The Dark Knight Rises."

72 Words about "Plants vs. Zombies." 

320 Words about "Phineas & Ferb"

Those of you who follow my 38,000,000,000 ...howmanyzeroesinazillion...000 blogs know that I used to do something I called the "Rum Punch Review," which were extended book reviews that explored not just the books but anything that came to mind while reading or writing about them.

Then I got bored with that.

And then I tried to write a 500-word short story that ballooned into 58 pages and while that story is probably the greatest story ever written and will make you laugh and make you cry and make you do long division in your head which will make you doubt your answer, it's also not really a short story.

And I've tried from time to time to write other reviews -- like Indie Book Reviews and Random Blog Reviews -- but I've never really gotten into the "movie" or "book" or "thing" reviewing world as a regular thing.

Until now: I've read so much phenomenal stuff lately, and seen so many movies that deserved comments, and found so many podcast... and ... you get the picture... that I'm going to start reviewing them, and the twist, to make it interesting, is that each of my reviews will be a random number between 1 and 1,000 -- I'll go to Random.org, get a random number assigned, and write exactly that many words about the subject.

For no particular reason. Just to see if I can do it. (In case you didn't know, this is my new experiment this year: hitting an exact target of words. Like Ezra Pound, who [possibly mythically] wrote a sonnet a year before he decided to write free verse, I am going to do this as an exercise to keep writing fun and interesting for me.]

This'll be fun. Until I get bored.

1 comment:

Andrew Leon said...

You have a serious issue with numbers. Were you one of those kids that counted his steps everywhere he went?
Maybe you should look into counselling?