Wednesday, November 04, 2009

WE INTERRUPT THE VILLAINY FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR VERY EXISTENCE AND SHAKE YOU TO YOUR CORE.


Boy, I hope I'm not overselling that in any way. Nah, couldn't be. This is huge. So huge that it deserves more than simply italicizing that word. This is HUGE.

Still not enough.

This is HUGE!

Hmm. Let's try this:

This...

IS...

Yeah. That's better. I'd forgotten how fun it is to draw in huge block letters with crayon-like instruments. You don't get to do a lot of that as a lawyer. (Unless you work in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals! Ha! Ha!)

Oh, God, I'm sorry. I forgot that "lawyer humor" is not funny to the rest of the world. And also that lawyer humor is not funny.

Anyway, I'm getting distracted from the



News.

The Huge News is this:

Singer/Songwriter/Really Really Cool Person Alli Millstein reads my blog and has gotten in touch with me!

This is Alli Millstein:


Memorize her face because you're going to be seeing it a lot, here and in public and on MTV and VH1 and probably in movies and stuff, too, as Alli Millstein is a singer/songwriter on the rise.

Alli was originally named as the Number 4 Overall Best Quirky Chick Singer, a position she earned through her great music and because she's from Brooklyn. While it's no Staten Island, Brooklyn is pretty cool. But mostly she earned that spot through her music.

Alli then contacted me about having read that blog post, and as we all know, if there's one thing I love more than anything else, it's me, so getting in touch with me and telling me you read something from me is the number one best thing you can do in my life.

(Number two: Give me cookies.)

Alli and I have been corresponding a little and I've decided a couple of things:

1. She's now the Number One Best Quirky Chick Singer, a change I've made official by redesigning the original post, and

2. I'm going to feature Alli's music off her new EP, Human Nature, all this month on The Best Of Everything.

Here's another picture of Alli, since I can't find a picture of her Human Nature EP:


You can find out more about Alli on her MySpace page -- or on her Facebook page -- and it's all very interesting stuff, including the very interesting fact that I just found out, which is that she's maybe not from Brooklyn, after all... but is instead a native of Hartford, Connecticut.

But let's just say she's also from Brooklyn, as doing that will reassure you that my legendary research skills are still legendary, and also still skills.

And those legendary research skills, along with my other skills, will be put to the test as I am declaring November to be Alli Millstein Month on The Best Of Everything. Periodically, over the next few weeks, I will be featuring The Best Songs (And Thoughts) of Alli Millstein, with videos (maybe?) and input from Alli and more.

(I haven't forgotten about the villains. I'll finish those up this month, too. But this was important enough to interrupt.)

So say Hi to Alli:



And look forward to getting to know her better over the next Month.

Click here to see all the other Whodathunkits?!!

Click here to see all the other SemiDaily Lists!


Click here to see all the other MiniBests!

Click here to see all the other topics I’ve ever discussed!


No comments: