Monday, September 13, 2010

An Update On The Best Part Of Breakfast Cereal


It's just a tad over two years since I challenged America to develop the technology that would let me have a bowl of nothing but cereal marshmallows, and America, God Bless You, answered that clarion call.

First, there was the genius who set up www.cerealmarshmallows.com, a then-33-year-old woman from Montana who began selling cereal marshmallows in bulk (and has a "Frequent Buyers Club" that resulted in Sweetie taking away my credit cards.)

Now, though, comes The Man Who Would Be Marshmallow King, a guy the name of Nathan Wratislaw (which I think is a palindrome). Nathan has a personal website, the use of which he says is

to list a bunch of Personal stuff & to Show Family and Friends Websites that I own/manage.

As opposed to my site, which is used to brag about my kids or talk about glockenspiels.

Nathan's sites include something called CareKleen, which has something to do with diet pills. I couldn't tell what because I, like the rest of our internet-addled society can't read a block of text anymore. Put it in cartoon form, Nathan!

But what drew my interest was the posting on Gamma Squad that alerted me that Nathan Wratislaw was now running www.cerealmarshmallows.com -- and that he'd posted a series of videos showing what happens when you combine non-marshmallowed cereals with marshmallows.

The videos are important, because absent that proof, there's no way I could ever wrap my head around a concept like Cereal Marshmallows in Lucky Charms without seeing it in front of my eyes.



Double marshmallows? Crazy.

So we can't win a war in Afghanistan, or provide decent health care to anyone not literally made out of hundred-dollar-bills, but we are the World Leaders in marshmallowization. Which seems fitting.

1 comment:

James said...

Hello,

I was wondering if you accept guest post for your blog. If you do, I would like to submit a few. You can see a sample of my work at LaptopComputers.org under the author James Mowery. I've also written for several high-profile blogs like Mashable, Performancing, and CMSWire. Thank you for your time.

- James