Wednesday, May 28, 2008

After 12 years of lessons, you'd think I'd at least get a chance to be a piano hero.

Caffeine, snacks, guitars, video games, rock'n'roll, chicks... oh, to be young again. I'm nearly forty. Just typing those things made my pants tight, my joints ache, and caused Sweetie to consult a divorce lawyer.

But for you people who aren't over the hill, ENGOBI has pretty much the only thing you'll want or need to do this summer: the "Don't Be a Piano Hero" contest. They want you to film videos of you and your friends rocking with Guitar Hero, then upload them to their website. In the meantime, as you do that, ENGOBI is going on tour with their ENGOBI girls to hand out snacks and free stuff.

Want more info on the contest? Click that link. But what more could you need to know? ENGOBI bills itself as "the love child of caffeine and snack chips." So a caffeinated snack wants you to play video games, rock out, become an internet star, get free stuff from them, meet some gals, and maybe win an Xbox-360 enabled customizes Fender Stratocaster.

Luckily for you, you don't have to face any competition from me. In my younger days, I'd have whipped out the old Atari 2600 joystick and show you a thing or two with it. Why, the way I could get that tank on Combat to move around...

But those days are gone now. You go rock out with Engobi. I'll just watch CBS or something.

No comments: