Tuesday, September 12, 2006
250=1, The Complete List Of Stories.
Here are all the stories.
HEY! Some of these links will take you to other blogs where I posted the stories but DO NOT WORRY because you can always read the story and hit the "BACK" button to get back here. I'll be here, waiting for you.
1. Children's Magazines Are Full Of Lies
2. Everyone In The World Is Copying Me In Advance.
3. What Happens When The Symbolism of McDonald's Cheeseburgers Is Questioned?
4. What Hannah Said When She Hugged Her Competitor
5. Higgs Boson's Adventures In Space: Episode 37:
6. One Morning A Mother Gave Birth...
7. Han Shot First. No, He Didn't. Yes, He Did. Wait...
8. These Dead Composers
9. Introducing The Beatles?
10. Q+U, A Love Story (Part One)
11. Junior The Third.
12. The Things We Don't Tell Are Most Important.
13. Icarus' Lesser-Known Sister.
14, 15, 16, and 17: Five Stories about Time Travel, all in one post: "Time Travel Has Always Existed", "He's A Perfect Boyfriend, But..." , "Time Was...", "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Hunker Down Behind This Lead Windowshade," and "Thinking About Time Travel At The End (Or The Beginning?) of the Universe(s)".
18. All Emotions Are Now Colors, and Also They AreAlive
19. When a Really Good Song Comes On
21. Skyfall, 2
22. Skyfall, 3
23. Skyfall, 4
24. Skyfall, 5
25. What It Is Like To Be A Frog (You Think?)
26. July 17, 2057.
27. Sometimes At Night I Imagine The Parrot Is Talking To Me
28. When The Rope Broke
29. A story about a young man who one day or rather one morning...
30. Stories I Wrote On The Way To And From Work 1
31. The Circus Of Twice
32. Stories I Wrote, etc. #2
33. Stories I Wrote etc. 3:
34. Stories I Wrote, etc. 5:
35. In the Beginning, 1
36. In The Beginning, 2
37. The World's Shortest Mystery Story
38. Advertisements From A World Not Entirely Similar To Our Own, 1
40. In The Beginning, 3
41. In The Beginning, 4.
42. It All Began With LOL.
44. Miniautobiography, 1
45. The Bus
46. At The Institute For Not Asking Questions
47. Tips For Young Astronauts
49. Some Zombie Stories: 1
50. We Were At A Party When We Decided To Quit.
52. 8 Things That Happened To Him, And Two Things That Didn't.
53. Some Zombie Stories: 2
54. Some Zombie Stories: 3
55. It's the Higgs Boson Xmas Special!
56. , 2
57. God, Part 2
58. All These Things Happened On My Birthday
59. Some Zombie Stories, 5
60. How To Cook A Delicious Cake
62. Ads From A World Not Totally Unlike Our Own, 2
64. Ignatius In Hiding.
65. Killing Time
67. A Single Moment Of Red
68. Naomi Does It Again, Again.
69. Time Is A Penumbra
71. Resolutions To The Story.
(Yep: I skipped a number there; if you go back in the list, as I just did, you'll see that I missed counting 1 of those 5 time travel stories.)
250=1 is a challenge I've set for myself. I began it in 2012. It cae about because I like writing long stories. The longer the better, as far as I'm concerned, because if I like a story I never want it to end. And so I decided to challenge myself, the way I once saw a giant, steep hill in Oakland, California and went jogging there just so I could try to jog up that hill, but in this case the challenge was to write short stories.
And not just any short story: A short story of exactly -- exactly -- 250 words.
Counting the title.
I'll be posting new ones from time to time, so check back often. When I get to 250 of these, I'll probably be done. Probably.