Monday, July 12, 2010

The Best Songs That Make Absolutely No Sense (Update)


As promised in my most recent longer post, The Best Songs That Make Absolutely No Sense, I have submitted the poem "Inside Emily's Mind" to The New Yorker today -- making this blog a greater piece of conceptual performance art than the mutant offspring of James Franco and Joaquin Phoenix could ever be.

Also: That's a high point in Western Civilization: the first blog post ever to mention The New Yorker, Emily Dickinson, and mutants, all in context. Take that, Eastern Civilization.

You can click the link to go to the post and listen to mind-warpingly weird lyrics, and also to read the poem -- in case you're too impatient to wait until The New Yorker publishes me.

Also: I've just realized that the video for The Bleeding Heart Show in that post is not the one I thought it was. I thought it was a cool video with a guy in a spacesuit; instead it was something else and as I didn't watch the whole thing before posting it, I have only my own laziness to blame for posting the wrong video.

Well, my own laziness and Obama.

No comments: