Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Best Movie Monster, Reader Nomination!


Way back when, I posted The Best Movie Monster -- nominating Gamera, for reasons set out in that post (don't bother looking for the post on here; it's been collected up in my book Do Pizza Samples Really Exist?, which you can get here).

That nomination was quickly challenged by another, and then, most recently, by another one: Anonymous recently said this:

Godzilla, hail to the King baby.

I don't know if that's the same Anonymous as originally nominated Godzilla, too. What I do know is that the punctuation on that phrase is curiously devoid of emotion. I'd have used an exclamation point on the end of it. But I guess that's just how I roll -- with my emotions on my sleeve... I and all the other people who love Gamera, the true Best Movie Monster!

Do you like stuff? Do you think it's The Best? You can nominate your own Best by commenting here, or emailing me at thetroublewithroy[at]yahoo.com.

If you choose the email route, make sure you put "Best of Everything" or something like it in the comment line, or I might think it's spam and sic a fire-breathing giant spinning turtle on you.


And remember, comments get you entered in the bimonthly drawing to win a free book.

No comments: